You properly ended up at this site, in search on how to setup an e-mail server on A Raspberry Pi. The reason why I chose to setup an e-mail server on my Pi was that I initially ran everything from my NAS. At some point it ended up with the NAS, a ARM-Based Synology Disk Stations, was running full load all the time. So therefore i decided to remove all non-storage services from the NAS and migrate them to the Pi, here under e-mail.
I started up search for guides on how to configure an email setup, but was not quite satisfied with what I found. Do not get me wrong, there are some great guides out there, and I did not invent the wheel all over again 🙂 I have based these following blog posted on these guides
From which I have cherry picked the configurations that worked for me. I did not setup an e-mail server with the intend to use it as my primary mail server, but rather as fun project, to see if the Raspberry Pi would be powerful enough, to learn something about setting up postfix, and to have an easy way to create e-mail aliases, for user account for online purchases and sketchy websites 🙂
As the e-mail setup is rather long and contains may different parts, I will break these post into 5 different posts.
- Setting up Postfix / MYSQL /DNS
- Setting up Dovecot
- Setting up Roundcube & Postfixadmin
- Setting up Spamassasin
- Setting up Sieve
What i wanted was a e-mail server which was secure, easy to manage, and reachable from portable devices.
Please check back for the first post in this guide series in a week or two.
So after I opted-in for Android N beta on my Nexus 6 device, I have experienced quite some lag and crashes. I belive that this has come from multiple OTA upgrade, Root and custom kernels. I decided that i wanted to try factory resetting the device, in hope of better performance. Before doing i factory reset i wanted to backup all my apps which I normally do with Titanium Backup (TiBu). This proved more challenging than first expected. Due to Selinux changes in Android N, TiBu will not work when running with Selinux “Enforcing”. Trying to change Selinux to “Permissive”
adb shell su stop logd setenforce 0
While still in the adb shell you can type getenforce which will return “Permissive” if you have changed Selinux. Note that you will go back to “Enforcing” when rebooting the device. Afterwards I was able to do a full backup with TiBu before factory resetting my device, which by the way helped performance alot on the phone.
I hope you find this post useful.
So… I hope i do not make a habit out of this. Finally the site is up and running again. A RasperryPi migration project went haywire and afterwards I did not have the time to cleanup the mess. So here we are back online again, fully patched and updateded. Hopefully there will be time for posting some useful post, instead of these up and down posts.
I finally manage to get the site up and running again. Accidentially delete mmy webroot while playing around, trying to redirect one domain to one server and another domain to a different server. Didn’t work out as intended :-/ Will try again tomorrow.